The digital world is undergoing constant evolution. With millions of people becoming dependent on mobile devices to manage their routine tasks, the mobile app development market is becoming increasingly crowded.
In fact, according to a survey conducted by Fueled, it was predicted that the app industry’s revenue is likely to hit $188.9 billion worldwide by the end of 2020. This is backed by the findings of another strong research conducted by International Business Times, a leading provider of business and financial news, which revealed that every day; Apple’s App Store receives over 1,000 app submissions.
With this pace of growth, the development of mobile app that stands out becomes a far greater challenge.
Businesses need to conduct in-depth marketing research to determine what will and what will not work.
Geoffrey Hinton, a Psychologist and Computer Scientist believes that “In the long run, curiosity-driven research just works better. Real breakthroughs come from people focusing on what they’re excited about.”
Geoffrey is right. To help solve problems, it is vital to understand what people are excited about. Most mobile apps developers companies believe in the idea that things people get most excited about are often the things they are most concerned about.
By getting to know your audience and finding out what they are excited about can help you develop a mobile app that not only delivers the right solution but also attracts maximum users.
Understanding the importance of research
Conducting a detailed analysis of the market provides you valuable insights about your competitors, their strategy, strengths, and weaknesses. This makes you cautious of making the same mistakes and helps you design an app that your customers will actually like.
If you are hiring a mobile app development company, they can help you:
- Develop data-efficient applications. The user definition for a ‘perfect app’ is that it needs to be 100% data-efficient, which means it should not consume a lot of data and is useful
- Design a unique and interesting user interface for hassle-free navigation
- Ensure the app takes minimal load-time so that you are not losing any of your app users
- Price it fairly
- Understand your target audience
- Choose the best native platform for your app. This is important. iOS and Android are the two main platforms for applications. While the Android platform has the most users, iOS is the most popular and secure platform. iOS and android app development can be expensive and choosing between either platform can be detrimental for the success of your app
Two easy ways that can help you find the answers
There are a number of approaches you can adopt when it comes to conducting research, but it can be hard to determine where to start. Not only you need to know your audience (who to talk to) but also how to ask the right questions and how to collect the data. Here are two important aspects of marketing research you need to consider:
- If you are developing an application for businesses, make sure to talk to people in every part of your target customers’ businesses.
- Keep things focused. When you are designing a survey, try to include questions that are likely to get you specific answers. This will help you make it easier and quicker for your respondents to answer and allow you to process the feedback into meaningful data.
What matters the most for you when it comes to hiring mobile app development services? Let us know in the comments section.